Miyakoshi announces the official launch of their water based inkjet digital press for flexible packaging
Currently the printing of flexible packaging is dominated by traditional analogue printing technologies such as gravure and flexography. Both technologies enable very high productivity as well as low cost for long run printing jobs.
However, since each consumer has their own individual tastes and requirements, the marketing focus has shifted from a mass to a more personalized approach, meaning vendors need to create an ever increasing variety of products but of smaller quantities, a phenomenon which has led to a constant reduction in the size of production lots.
With long run analogue printing technologies, the inventory and waste management of printed film are both indisputable issues. To date the consumption of plastic films has undoubtedly been excessive, so much so that it has raised environmental concerns particularly in relation to ocean pollution.
The Miyakoshi MJP30AXF addresses all these issues with several innovative features, for example:
- Water based ink, safe for food packaging.
- Minimizing of inventories and waste helping to achieve sustainable goals.
- A variety of small jobs on one single web.
- High resolution 1200 x 1200 dpi with latest inkjet printhead technology.
- Digitally printed white, enabling high quality colour reproduction.
- Automatic registration control and missing nozzle compensation, minimizing printing errors.
- 750 mm(30 inch) print width and 50 meter per minute printing speed.
- No make-ready time such as plate/drum making, and ink change.
- Water based inks which offer the most cost competitive solution compared to the other main digital printing technologies.
- No costs incurred for analogue plate making and storage.
- Variable print such as QR code offering personalized promotion, job tracking and security print capabilities.
More information about the MJP30-AXF at https://miyakoshi.co.jp/english/mjp30axf/