QuarkXPress 15.1 release now available
Quark Software announced the availability of the 15.1 release of QuarkXPress. This is the first quarterly feature release to QuarkXPress through the Advantage Program.
QuarkXPress Advantage is a new program from Quark that offers members ongoing updates and feature additions to QuarkXPress, unlimited tech support, exclusive offers and more; without the handcuffs of subscription software.
Included in this release exclusively for QuarkXPress Advantage Members are many new features and enhancements. From page layout and web design to mobile app creation, illustration and photo editing, QuarkXPress is the go-to application for print and digital design.
QuarkXPress 15.1 introduces the following new features:
- Powerful Item Styles Define an item style with much more powerful functionality like:
- Auto Grow Text Boxes
- Multiple Border Selection
- Custom Dash and StripesYou can set width and height of a text box to “Auto” and enhance your templating experience for text boxes, Add multiple and specific border configuration for any box with width, line, style or color and you can select custom created dashes and stripes while creating an Item Style. You can also Find and Replace custom created Dash and Stripe in Item Find and Change.
- Convert InDesign files to QuarkXPress Project Convert your InDesign files seamlessly to QuarkXPress project. Multiple options to automatically search InDesign files by running a Smart Scan for Bulk conversion or Browse individual files for conversion, you can also set the destination folder and select / deselect individual files for conversion.
- Last line indent for Table of Content Define an indent spacing specifically for page numbers in the Table of Contents. You can specify a Right Indent value in the paragraph style sheet while building the TOC. Only page numbers will be allowed in the Last Line Indent spacing.
- Object Browser Palette for Flex No more difficulties selecting boxes in nested containers. This new palette allows you to select and move around objects with ease.
- Rich Copy/Paste from MS Word Copy-Paste text content with the same formatting as is in external application. The following attributes will be retained: Text formatting (font, font style, text style, color, indents, spacings, etc.), Tables, Footnotes, etc. as is without any loss of content elements or their styling.
- Auto Naming of Colors Choose to auto name new colors. Automatic color name displays the color space components along with their actual values. Further, the color names will be dynamically updated on changing the color component values in the color dialog.
- Performance Enhancement on Windows Enhanced user experience with fast text rendering on document canvas and faster font loading in the dialogs and palettes. Improved and better performance in invoking and switching fonts in Glyph palette, invoking Preferences dialog, Character style sheet, Measurement palette and switching tabs in Measurement palette.
- Catalina OS Compatible This version of QuarkXPress supports new Apple Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina OS) and is notarized by Apple after passing all the security checks on new OS.
- Flex Improvements The user can apply hyperlinks in any kind of boxes, including Groups and Flex Containers. You can also copy any item from one container and paste it directly into second container by using paste options. You can rearrange child items in the flex container by using Shortcut keys (Ctrl or Command Up/Ctrl or Command Down) or Move Up, Move Down menu available in Item Menu.
- Endnote as hyperlinks To enhance user experience, Endnote markers will be hyperlinked to Endnote text in the exported PDF files from QuarkXPress. Users can click on hyperlink to view endnote instead of navigating manually through the document.
- Progress indicator for Spring Loading Progress bar indicator for uploading of images, which will let user know on status and progress on spring loading.
Download the 15.1 Release
QuarkXPress Advantage Members can update their version through the auto-updater when they launch QuarkXPress or by downloading the update manually through the links below: